Wednesday, February 24, 2016

My Big Chop Footage and Pictures (I's Natural Now Y'all)






Yes you did read the title correctly.  I cut all of my hair off!  Now, I did not do this for the current natural hair trend...I wanted something different.  I have never known my natural hair, and I have never had short hair.  Now I have both!  It's been a liberating experience and an interesting journey.  

No, I do not know my texture and all that jazz.  I am not doing super creative hairstyles.  Wash and Go's have been my friend...a true wash and go.  Maybe a perm rod set here and there... I am keeping things simple at the moment.

I have received mixed reactions to my big chop, mostly good.  Right now I feel pretty comfortable walking around with my TWA and shaking off the stares.  People are going to insert their opinion on whether or not my hair should be long, short, straight, etc.  But, some people will always fail to realize that hair grows back.

I transitioned for 9 months before cutting off my hair February 1, 2016.  I still was not sure whether or not I wanted to even go natural.  Then one random day, I said, "I'm going to cut this off, tonight".  You will see in the video where I tried to save some relaxed ends, but my hair was too tangled at the demarcation line.  So I later went to a hairdresser and let her cut the rest of the relaxed hair off.  

I will keep you updated on my hair journey, as well as do product reviews for the products that I am trying.  Enjoy the video and stay FABULOUS!








No comments:

Post a Comment