Sunday, February 28, 2016

Tea Time: Confidence

I feel like it's so hard to have self confidence in this day and age.  We are in the midst of the social media takeover.  Your life seems to be constantly measured up to the someone else's life.  Now, don't get me wrong, I know there are some strong folks that are not easily shaken or moved.  <-Confidence is achieved in my opinion.  But, the rest of us "normal" (loosely used) folks are on a journey to learn how to dance to the beat of your own drum.

So if you have probably seen my previous post; I chopped all of my hair off!  I have had long hair ever since I could remember.  So no hair is like me walking around naked (at least in my eyes!).  I have had positive and negative responses to my random big chop.  But, each response has opened my eyes to the fact that I will always be me regardless of how I look or what anyone says.  Maybe it's age or the freedom of making choices for me that benefits ME.  I feel liberated!  This rush of confidence has come over me.

So, what do you ask helped contribute to my new found confidence?

1.  Conquer a fear.
Going through a break up and facing family and friends bare-faced with short hair.  I feel like I love myself so much more now because I conquered a fear of mine.

2.  Have expectations.
And realize that they are not too much!

3.  Have faith.
Everything works for the greater good.  Know that your blessings are coming in due time.

4.  Focus on something that makes you smile.
I love to run, play in makeup, and decorate.  These habits should never die.

In a world where there is always a watchful eye, don't be camera ready, just be you.  Stay FABULOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment