Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Cover Fx Custom Color Drops First Impressions



So I received a deluxe sample is the Cover Fx Drops several weeks ago, and I had been waiting on a opportune moment to try it out.  With that being said, I am not doing an all inclusive review because that would require me to test this product out in several different ways, and this product can be used in many different ways.  Sephora states that this is "a revolutionary drop formula of concentrated pigments that allows you to weightlessly transform products in your beauty regimen into your ideal coverage".
"This innovative formula contains Flash Fusion Technology, so as soon as you drop in and mix with your favorite product, nothing but pure pigment is left behind—allowing you to customize your ideal level of coverage. Blend them with anything liquid to create your desired coverage, including moisturizers, serums, oils, primers, foundations, and tinted moisturizers that are water-, oil-, or silicone-based. Simply adjust your coverage by the number of drops you add. The pigments are coated with lecithin, which is biochemically similar to the skin, to ensure seamless blending, precise control, and the smoothest application."

I received a deluxe sample in N100.  My first time trying this product, I used my Becca Ever Matte Poreless Primer and the recommended number of drops for coverage (approximately three).  The color match was perfect, and I had a lightweight satin coverage.  I set it with my MUFE pro powder.  The wear time was not so perfect.  After an hour of wear, oil started breaking through in  my T-zone.  After about 4 hours, I was just flat out shiny/oily!  The primer used is my favorite and the only primer that I use for all of my foundations, but it did not work well with the drops. 


Customizable drops is an interesting concept, because I have to have at least one other product to make this product work whether it's a foundation, moisturizer, primer, etc.  The cost is 44.00 USD for 0.5oz of product, which is less than the normal 1oz foundation.  Of course, the drops are pure pigment, so the bottle should last for quite some time.  I am not thrilled with the idea of mixing things; especially purchasing a high end product just for that sole purpose.  The idea seems cool enough, but I do not think it's worth it.  I will use the rest of my sample, and I will most likely mix in with my fall foundations to adjust the color.  What do you think?  Stay FABULOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment