Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette Review



Another late review...better late that never, right?  Hourglass's infamous ambient light powders have become many individual's go-to powder.  Definitely not new to the market, Hourglass created these finishing powders to capture, diffuse, and soften the way light reflects on the skin.  Check out the write up:

Ambient Lighting Powder is a groundbreaking collection of finishing powders that capture, diffuse, and soften the way light reflects on skin. Unlike traditional powders, which merely cloak imperfections, Ambient Lighting Powder utilizes photoluminescent technology to filter out harsh light and refine the appearance of the complexion. The powders deliver a multidimensional luminescence to every skintone, making it appear softer and lit from within. The finishing powders enhance skin in any type of light, including flash photography. With three universal shades available in the Ambient palette, you can create any desired effect.

I must say that Hourglass did an awesome job of capturing the exact the desired results.  The Hourglass palette includes three finishing powders:  dim light, radiant light, and incandescent light.  Of the three, I use dim light everyday.  I use dim light to set my makeup all over.  This powder truly cloaks imperfections and gives me a smoother, softer appearance.  There is not cast or flashback from any of these powders.




Radiant light works well as a highlighter for me. Honesty, I own so many highlighters that I rarely use this one.  Incandescent light is too light for my skin tone and may work well as a highlight for fair to light skin tones.  In the future, I will repurchase dim light only.  The palette is 62.00 USD for 3 powders.  A single 0.35 oz  for 45.00 USD.  Have you tried anything from Hourglass?  Stay FABULOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment