Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder Review






So I am a little late with this review for the Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder.  Many have raved over this setting powder for some time.  I have not seen many women of color reviews, so I though that I might snag a travel size during this spring's VIB sale.  Check out Sephora' s spill:

Infused with the finest French “cashmere talc,” this non-dusty, non-drying translucent powder sets makeup and creates a flawless finish. A unique light-reflecting ingredient creates a soft-focus appearance that smooths away fine lines and imperfections as it sets your makeup. The translucent shade looks and feels natural on all skintones, and creates a flawless finish. Use it to add a velvety finish to any makeup or for a bit of color and coverage when foundation is not worn.

What attracted me to this powder was that it is a cream color versus the typical white translucent powder.  I was still searching for a powder that sets my makeup without adding significant amounts of color.  Most white translucent powders can leave a white/gray cast on women of color or cause flashback in photos.  Many recommend Laura Mercier because it claims to not cause flashback.


This powder is finely milled and applies smoothly even with the powder puff included in in the travel size box.  The first time I used the powder, I set my entire face.  I still felt as though I had a white cast on face.  After a few minutes, the cast was less noticeable.  I did not significant change is photo quality. 


I also tried setting under my eyes only.  I experienced the same slight white cast, but I felt more comfortable with it under eyes versus my entire face.  Once the powder sets, the makeup has a flawless effect.


Am I in love? No.  I think that I may have to have the right match for this powder...meaning finding the best product to compliment it.  I used it with Urban Decay, Kat Von D, and Nars so far.  Because of the great quality of the powder, I will continue trying to work it in my makeup regimen.


You get 1.0 oz for 38.00 USD, which is comparable to other high-end setting powders.  Have you tried this?  Stay FABULOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment