Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Sacha Cosmetics Buttercup Setting Powder Review



Sacha Cosmetics has an interesting story.  It is a brand manufactured in the Caribbean to address the skin care needs of its diverse population.  They offer an extensive makeup line including foundation, eyeshadow palettes, lipstick, makeup brushes, etc.  The website stated that it was the makeup of choice for several pageants.  I never heard of the brand until YouTube.  Sacha Cosmetics gained its popularity through YouTube with its Buttercup Setting Powder, said to be comparable to Ben Nye's Banana Powder.  We all remember the Ben Nye banana powder craze!  Ben Nye was and still is one of the most popular under eye highlighting/setting powder shade.  The difference?  Sacha Cosmetic's powder is more brown girl friendly.  It's supposed to be a little bit deeper and leave no white cast against pigmented skin.  I agree.  The color is very similar to Ben Nye for those trying to get the same effect.  I feel as though the wear and coverage is the same between the two brands...and many other setting powders from other brands for that matter.

The container comes with a sifter which is awesome.  The price is 20.00 USD for the loose powder or compact option.  I am not a fan of the price...which is why it took me so long to try this product.  I got 30% during the holidays.  Ben Nye prices are much cheaper with many retail options.  Sacha Cosmetics is not offered at many retailers...you can purchase items from their website, www.sachacosmetics.com, or few authorized online retailers.  Overall,  I feel as though this is a good buy...or at least worth a try.  This is not my everyday, go to powder but I enjoy it.  Have you tried it?  Stay FABULOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment