Thursday, April 21, 2016

Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector Review

 
 
 

Urban Decay's new summer collection has released at most major retailers such as Sephora, Ulta, and so on.  The collection comes in gorgeous hologram packaging with a summer theme.  The collection includes highlighters, tinted moisturizers, bronzers, and two eyeliners.  Check out what Urban Decay states about their one and done hybrid complexion perfector:

Instantly blur imperfections and even out skintone, and achieve gorgeous skin that appears effortlessly perfected. With Urban Decay’s Naked Skin One & Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector, you’ll reap the benefits of skin treatment and SPF 20 protection with the coverage of a sheer foundation. There’s no need for foundation—one step and you're done. The innovative, lightweight formula provides more coverage, hydration, and optical blurring than a BB or CC cream. It transforms the look of your skin with light-diffusing spheres so that flaws seem to disappear. Over time, pores appear smaller and skin looks noticeably firmer and more radiant. With a range of shades to cover a wide spectrum of skin tones, this oil-free formula is infused with nourishing ingredients (including peptides, vitamins and moisturizers). Sourced from the wu zhu yu plant, Gatuline® Radiances improve the look of radiance, tone, and texture.

So this hybrid perfector is similar to a BB cream in that it is a little thicker than the ordinary tinted moisturizer.  It covers most of my imperfections and evens skin tone. I applied this with a beauty blender, and it gave a smooth, even coverage.  I initially tried it with a flattop brush, and it was a streaky mess.  I set it with my Kat Von D lock it powder foundation in D74.  I initially was not going to set it to see how the product wore alone, but in reality I would never wear the product alone.  I would set it with the Kat Von D...so I did.  I tested my other products for review in the same way.  After a few tries with Kat Von D, I set it with MUFE pro finish powder, and the wearing time was the same.



I used the darkest of the six shades in deep.  The color was just a tad bit lighter than my skin, but like this product claims, the color adjusted to my skin tone just a few minutes after the application.  I am not sure that I can say the same for someone with a very deep skin tone.  I would have liked to see may be one more darker shade for women of color. 



The tinted moisturizer wore well.  I did not notice shine until about 3 to 4 hours into my workday.  With a product like this, I thought that I would have been shiny after one hour. The longevity is great, and there are not patches of skin peaking through at the end of the day.



Urban Decay states that the product has all kinds of great ingredients that I cannot pronounce.  It states that it will improve skin appearance and firmness over time.  I cannot say that I have seen an improvement in my skin just yet.  But, I like the product so far so I will continue to see what other good things it brings.



You get 1.3oz of product for 34.00 USD.  The price is reasonable in my opinion.  Will you be snagging anything from this collection?  Stay FABULOUS!






11 hours and one mid-day blot later...

No comments:

Post a Comment