Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick Review

Oh, yes let's talk about lips!  Who doesn't love lipstick?!  Unless you have been sleeping under a rock, you know the new craze is liquid lipsticks.  One of the trendsetters in the lipstick world is Kat Von D.  Who would have imagined that her makeup collection would have performed so well?!  I honestly did not expect quality from yet another celebrity collection, but I was far from correct.  Kat Von D has one of the best performing makeup lines in the industry today, specializing in longevity.  This brings me to why I am creating such as rave review.  The color, quality, and longevity of Kat Von D liquid lipsticks are superb.  I own several different liquid lipsticks from brands like Lime Crime, LA Splash, OCC, and so on, so my review is in comparison to these liquid lipsticks from these brands.  Kat Von D describes the liquid lipsticks as a long-wear, full-coverage liquid lipstick with a smooth, matte finish on the Sephora website. I could not explain it any better.  The colors apply evenly, with the exception of a couple of colors, and can be worn with one coat on the lips.  I feel as though the pinks and darker colors may or may not require a second coat.  These lipsticks do not transfer or have significant inner lip wear.  Of course all liquid lipsticks are drying, but these wear comfortably for several hours.  With all the great points stated, let's talk about price.  Kat Von D liquid lipsticks run you 20.00 USD.  The price is steep but comparable to many other high end brands.  Lime Crime, Dose of Colors, and Anastasia Beverly Hills also cost 20.00 USD.  Stila Liquid Lipsticks are at the top of the price market at 24.00 USD.  I think that they are well worth the price.  Also, check your local Sephora clearance bins, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, etc. because these lipsticks have been found in all of these places.  I purchased Armageddon in the Sephora clearance bin for 10.00 USD! (The only reason why I would purchase such as pale color!)  I own Berlin, Lolita, Armageddon, A Go-Go, Vampira, L.U.V., Bachelorette, and Ayesha, and I plan on collecting more.  Check for updates!

Take a look at my swatches!  Enjoy and stay FABULOUS!

*Find other lip product reviews here: 

Bachelorette

Lolita

Ayesha

L.U.V

A Go-Go

Vampira

Berlin

Armageddon

Lolita, A Go-Go, Armageddon, Berlin, Bachelorette, Ayesha, L.U.V., Vampira

No comments:

Post a Comment