Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Kate Somerville Exfolikate Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash Review



This is the first Kate Somerville product that I am trying beyond just a two day sample.  Kate Somerville's products are not new to the market but they are now receiving increasing buzz.  Acne and oily skin beauties have been raving about her products, so I thought that I would give it a try.  Here is write up on the Kate Somerville Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash per Sephora:

Reveal softer, smoother skin while gently cleansing away oil, makeup, and surface impurities with this creamy cleanser. Based on Kate’s bestselling ExfoliKate®, this formula contains a duo of AHA’s—glycolic and lactic acids—and pineapple, pumpkin, and papaya enzymes to purify without over-drying, leaving skin fresh, soft, and conditioned. For all skin types, this cleanser maximizes the benefits of ExfoliKate Exfoliating Treatment to help maintain a glowing complexion between uses. 
The cleanser is what I would call gentle.  It does not leave the skin feeling dry or abrasive, but your skin feels soft and moisturized.  It creates a great lather and the consistency is very lightweight, whipped-like.  This cleanser does a great job of removing makeup and impurities.  My acne comes in waves...I call them angry spells.  I have had minimal breakouts since using this cleanser for the last 4 weeks.  I have also been using this product in conjunction with the Kate Somerville ExfoilKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment.  A review is to come about this product later.

So, why did it take me so long to try this product?  The price.  Kate Somerville products are not cheap.  The cleanser retails for 38.00 USD.  It's not much more than the Murad cleanser that I was purchasing.  But, I often could purchase Murad on sale from many different places.  I cannot say the same for Kate Someville products.  They had a great deal at Sephora which included a full size cleanser (4 oz) and exfoliating treatment for (0.5 oz) 50.00 USD.  This set is still currently available on Sephora.com.  I feel as though this product is worth the price...even though I wish I could find something more cost effective.  Kate Somerville has several products geared to several different skin concerns:  aging, acne, uneven skin.  I look forward to trying more products.  Stay FABULOUS!



No comments:

Post a Comment