Sunday, March 6, 2016

Tea Time: Being A Christian Today


I struggled with writing this one.  I am a believer and a lover of God.  I would not hide this fact ever; but in a world of sin, it's a struggle to show a like image of Christ.  Don't get me wrong, we will never be an image of perfection like Jesus.  But, today's world is a very free spirited, individualistic culture.  Many seek to be androgynous and unique with no identity labels attached.  This can make the water a little cloudy or even muddy for some.  Being a Christian requires that you hold a firm affirmation of faith.

That affirmation helps protect your from "worldly" desires.  But it reality, we are human, and you look at the other pasture of grass across the way.  We all know that phrase that the grass is not always greener on the other side.  I agree, but sometimes those eyes, hands, mind, etc. wander...

Part of the holistic approach to life is to have faith in something or a spiritual relationship.  I love God.  So, how do I try to keep on track in wild world we are living in?

1.  Understand that you will make mistakes.
I have been led astray so many times that I can count.  I have made every mistake that you can think of...<insert mistakes here> :)  God is a forgiving God...so live, learn, and ask for forgiveness.
2.  Seek your purpose.
All will work together for the greater good of God.  We all have a purpose here on Earth.  Learn your purpose and focus on it.
3.  God's timing is the best timing.
When I was young, I was always told that God is a comedian.  He is a funny way of making things go right or really, really bad.  His timing is amazing.  I struggle with things not coming in my own timing...marriage, children, career!  I am praying for patience to enjoy the journey while He prepares me for my blessing.
4.  Live, love, laugh
5.  Pray
Always.

Stay FABULOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment