Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Makeup Forever Step 1 Mattifying Primer Review


Does Make Up For Ever ever disappoint?  Known for their resilient products, Make Up For Ever has mastered the mattifying primer.  Don't get me wrong, I still love my Becca Ever Matte Primer...but MUFE has created an awesome product.  This product is not the sole primer in the series.  They have primers targeting hydration, color correction, so forth.  Let's get the elephant out of the room now.  The product retails for 37.00 to 39.00 USD.  I only get 1 oz of product which is very expensive compared to other primers on the market.  You are at least expecting to get 1.35 oz or more product for the same price.  You get what you pay for....and that is a great primer.

I have very oily skin....very oily.  This product does not end all oiliness for me, but it allows me to go the longest amount of time with minimal shine.  I can now make it through an 8 hour day with blotting one, maybe two times.  The consistency is a medium thickness white gel texture.  It is not as thick as Becca, but thicker than Smashbox.  It does not leave a white film after drying like some mattifying primers.  I will not say this often, but this product is worth the price to me.  Finding something that controls my oil is high on my needs list. 

Quick secret:  I actually mix MUFE and Becca together, and it seems to create a slightly longer hold.  I put more MUFE in the center of my face for high oil control and more Becca around the perimeter of the face.  Works like a charm.

Stay FABULOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment