Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Attention Oily Girls! Stay Matte All Day (My Oily Skin Foundation Routine)

So, if you have been following me for a while, you will know that I struggle with oily skin.  I have a couple of favorite foundations and powders, but very few can hold up for 6-8 hours or more. I have tried so many products over the years.  But, finally I have found a combination that lasts throughout the day with two to three blots per day.  That's extremely good for me!

Warning:  this application and coverage may be a bit much for some but it works for me.  I tried Kat Von D Foundation in the past, and I felt like it was too much makeup for me.  Then within the last 6 months, I revisited the product.  But instead of using a brush for application, I used a beauty blender.  Bingo!  I have been hooked on this foundation since.  My preference for the best coverage is to use Kat Von D Lock It Liquid foundation as well as the Lock It Powder foundation.  Kat Von D is known for her coverage and longevity, and this combo is solid contender for just that.

For my lighter or shorter makeup days, I still enjoy using my Lancome Teint Idol 24H foundation and Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation.  Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme is one of my favorite summer high end coverage foundations.  I follow the same steps as the Kat Von D just without the Kat Von D liquid foundation.

Make Up For Ever Step 1 Mattifying primer has been my saving grace.  I feel as though it is the most mattifying...even over Becca's ever matte primer.  I actually mix and wear both primers. More oil control where I need it and vise versa. What's your never fail beauty routine? Stay FABULOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment