Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Original Makeup Eraser Review


I really do not want to say that I spent 20.00 USD on a washcloth...but I think that I did.  I have been wanting to try the Makeup Eraser for a while.  A few of my coworkers received this in gratis, and I wish that I had too because I am not completely impressed.  Upon opening the package, my first impression was that the Makeup Eraser closely resembled a terrycloth washcloth.  It comes with detailed instructions for wash and maintenance.    See what the company has to say about the product:
 "Remove smear-proof, waterproof makeup and mascara with The Original MakeUp Eraser®. Free of chemicals, this makeup remover gets rid of all types of makeup, including stage, sports, and theatrical makeup. Each cloth will last a thousand washes, and you only need to add warm water and then remove makeup. This ultra-soft, woven polyester-blend cloth gets rid of tough makeup without leaving behind a residue—just a fresh, healthy feeling."
The claim is true that with warm water and the cloth, you can remove all of your makeup.  It did a decent job...yes decent.  I have used the cloth several times now, and it leaves an unclean feeling or a film of makeup still on my skin.  The main claim to fame is the fact that the cloth is supposed to clean so well without chemicals or other products leaving no makeup residue.  But, there is a residue.  I feel as though my Neutrogena wipes do a better job at removing makeup...my face feels more clean.  My other concern is how travel friendly is traveling with a damp cloth to remove my makeup?  I know you are just supposed to wet one corner, but it's like a true washcloth and it holds water.  So, this wound not be ideal for traveling.  I think it works well for home because I can save on the cost of makeup wipes and use the cloth...but my makeup wipes are better suited for travel.  I think the 20.00 USD price tag is a little steep too.  Possibly a price in the early to mid teens would be more appealing.  Overall, it serves its purpose...as a washcloth.  Not a miracle makeup remover.  Have you tried the Makeup Eraser?  Stay FABULOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment